cyrus squat + change runtime

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 20 01:48:05 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 07:16:33AM +0200, Josef Karliak wrote:
>   Hi there,
>   it is possible to change runtime of the cyrus squatter ? I've
> restarted cyrus service at 12:45 PM - in this time is a lot of users
> logged in and system is a little "slower". So I wanna to change its
> time. It is possible or I have to remember and wake up in the
> midnight and restart cyrus to change squatter runtime ? :)

Can you show us your cyrus.conf?

   EVENTS
       This section lists processes that should be run at specific intervals, similar  to  cron  jobs.
       This section is typically used to perform scheduled cleanup/maintenance.

       cmd=<no default>
            The command (with options) to spawn as a child process.  This string argument is required.

       period=0
            The  interval  (in  minutes) at which to run the command.  This integer value is optional,
            but SHOULD be a positive integer > 10.

       at=<hhmm>
            The time (24-hour format) at which to run the command each day.  If set to  a  valid  time
            (0000-2359), period is automatically set to 1440.  This string argument is optional.

So if you put in an "at=" item instead of a period, you should be set.

Bron.