Cyrus Add-ons

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 17 05:23:03 EDT 2010

Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
>
> <hmh at debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Oct 2010, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:
> >> RCS is local version control, isn't a network service.
> >
> > It is also per-file.  Think CVS with even less features.  I also have
> > some stuff in RCS, mostly LyX documents without any external material.
> >
> > Reinaldo, any reason why you don't use git or mercurial?  That would
> > make it much easier for cooperative work.  sf.net supports git, and it
> > will NOT increase your dependency on the network even a bit, as it is
> > fully distributed.
>
> No reason. Can you point me a git howto?

I would love to help you developing / maintaining the Python Cyrus package you
did as well.

We have some infrastructure on cyrusimap.org which we could use, too, if
desirable (wiki, bugzilla, git repo, web browsing, email notifications for
commits, and of course a number of contributors already known/authorized).

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG