Weird sync problems in 2.4.0

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 16 00:18:54 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:40:40PM +0200, steffo76 at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi Bron,
>
> the permissions are correct. If I run reconstruct -G I get a "uid xxx guid mismatch" message for a certain mail each time (although this message is not in the mailbox sync_client is choking on). Shouldn't reconstruct -G take care of this ?

Now that would have been nice to know about earlier.  Error messages matter.

That is actually the message that sync_client is choking on - though
sync_client could probably be nicer about the error.  Actually, you're
right - with the correct flags reconstruct -G should be taking care of
it, and not implementing those flags is my fault.  I'll have to add
another flag for this, because it's messy to fix.  Basically it means
you've had file corruption - and you need to decide if you want to
create a brand new message with the corrupted content, or try to restore
the old file from backup.  At least that's how we've been treating it at
FastMail.

For now - just go and look at the message on your spool - the corruption
will probably be pretty obvious!  Then unlink the offending message and
re-run reconstruct.  It should fix your replication.

For later - I'm adding extra flags to reconstruct that will be useful in
this situation.  They'll be in the next release.

Regards,

Bron.