messages in mailbox aren't visible

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 12 15:41:47 EDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 02:25 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Ahh... what does your improved_mboxlist_sort imapd.conf variable
> say?

Nada -- I don't have this variable set in imapd.conf.

However, when I do set
  improved_mboxlist_sort: 1
in /etc/imapd.conf

I get the following error when trying to run ctl_mboxlist:

   root at www:~# ctl_mboxlist -d > foo2.txt
   fatal error: can't read mailboxes file

remove the improved_mboxlist_sort entry, restart cyrus and ctl_mboxlist
works again:

  root at www:~# vi /etc/imapd.conf
  root at www:~# /etc/init.d/cyrus2.3 restart
  Stopping Cyrus IMAPd: cyrmaster.
  Waiting for complete shutdown...
  Starting Cyrus IMAPd: cyrmaster.
  root at www:~# ctl_mboxlist -d > foo2.txt
  root at www:~#