Updating front-end and master server

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Nov 24 16:33:09 EST 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Michael D. Sofka wrote:

> Is there a preferred order for updating the Cyrus master and front-end
> servers?  The back-end servers are all upgraded from 2.2.12 to 2.2.16.
> Should the master be upgraded before or after the front-end servers?
>
> Also, is it possible to run with a mixture of 2.2.12 and 2.3.16
> front-end servers?

Yes, you can have different versions on the frontends.

I'm not sure if you have a typo above - are your backends running 2.2.16
or 2.3.16?  When upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3, you need to upgrade your
backends before your frontends.

I don't remember if you need to upgrade the mupdate master in any
particular order.

 	Andy