Does anyone allow unlimited or extremely large quotas?

Leena Heino leena.heino at uta.fi
Tue Nov 16 12:53:26 EST 2010

On 16.11.2010 17:11, Shuvam Misra wrote:
> I guess Webmail is OT on a Cyrus mailing list, but can't help asking: any suggestions for
> improving Webmail performance? (Admission: we haven't yet tried imapproxy
> -- it appears to be a good piece of C which will help things.)

You should install imapproxy. Also make sure you do a lot of caching on
the webmail side for example if the webmail is programmed with php use
apc and cache mailbox listing and message headers if possible.

Cache also things on the imap server, if your cyrus version supports it
you should try to use status cache and test whether it makes any
difference in your environment.

--
  Leena Heino              University of Tampere / Computer Centre
  ( liinu at uta.fi )      ( http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/tkk )