reconstruct caused mailboxes (skiplist) corruption?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Thu Nov 11 21:06:29 EST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Gary Mills wrote:
> Isn't the modern design multiple threads, rather than multiple
> processes?  That seems to me to be the right direction for Cyrus.
> It might even make for a simpler design.

Ehh... not realy. Multithreading means locking, futexes, and other pains. It
also means almost rewriting master, etc.  It means VERY painful debugging.

Modern design just means high-performance event dispatching.  Cyrus can
already do pre-fork, so it just needs an update on the connection handling,
you don't need to go multithread.

Besides, fork()-based designs are much more resilient.

  Henrique Holschuh