problematic upgrade 2.3.16 -> 2.4.3

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 10 23:45:42 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 01:45:34PM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Now - I'm going to look into cyrus.expunge handling magic for you.

Here's the rest of that series - a fix against the first lot of
patches I sent which is necessary, otherwise replication breaks.
Oops.  I did most testing of the rest of the world later...

And a fix against a pop3 issue you probably don't care too much
about right now ;)

And finally - a patch to reconstruct (even in -s mode) which will
look for a spare cyrus.expunge and just delete all the mentioned
records.  It will let you put the cyrus.expunge files from backup
into the directories and then just clean up :)  Hopefully.  It
won't hurt to use it on folders which upgraded correctly either.

These patches are all on github:

http://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd/

In the for244 branch on top of cyrus-imapd-2.4, and in the master
branch at CMU on top of master, and of course in the fastmail
branch which always lives on top of master.

Bron.