Odd problem: IMAP/S suddenly not working, but no errors, and IMAP still works

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Mon Nov 1 10:20:07 EDT 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Chris Pepper wrote:
> 	But my /dev/random does seem quite low. Still surfing and looking for a
> good way to fill it on a mostly headless server -- I haven't found a
> good solution yet.

http://www.entropykey.co.uk/

Very good hardware, first-class Linux support, and will fit on the
internal USB ports of most 1U/2U servers and workstations (where it will
be safe from physical accidents during server maintenance, and far more
protected against tampering).

I'm one of their happy customers (and not otherwise affiliated with them
in any way).  Just like I am a happy customer of fastmail.fm :-)

That said, you should always use /dev/urandom unless you're generating
long-term keys, even if you add one or more entropy keys.  Otherwise, it
gets easier to DoS the service.

  Henrique Holschuh