Occasionally weird behaviour with mboxes

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri May 21 05:37:32 EDT 2010

> On Thu, 20 May 2010, Dan White wrote:
>
>> Which backend are you using for your mailboxes database (config item:
>> mboxlist_db)?
>>
>> You might try converting to a different backend if you suspect problems
>> with it.
>
> I'm using the skiplist one, since bdb is more time doing recovery than
> doing useful work :P I could try the flat one but I'm worried about
> performance... OTOH 1500 mailboxes are not *too* many to fit in the
> working set...

Before you put too much work into it, why not upgrade to the current
2.3.16 release first? IIRC there have been quite a number of skiplist
fixes in the recent versions so you may have luck with it.

> As an aside, why some db can be put on sql and not some other? i.e. for
> example, put the mailbox db on postgres?

I think the kind of access cyrus is doing with some databases is not
something where an SQL db will perform well.

Simon