cyradm lm wildcard and the @ sign

Berend de Boer berend at pobox.com
Wed May 12 18:57:51 EDT 2010

    Dan> That's incorrect. CRAM-MD5 does not support a security
    Dan> layer. Try:

    Dan> imtest -m DIGEST-MD5 -a admin at server2.example.com
    Dan> server2.example.com

That worked.

Now back to Reinaldo's queries:

  # all mailboxes
  $ nc server 143
  * OK maindeua Cyrus IMAP4 [...] server ready
  . LOGIN admin password
  . OK User logged in
  . LIST * *@example.com

This returns one entry, the main folder in case the domain has only
one email address.

It returns every folder in case a domain has more.

For my particular domain when I do:

  . LIST * user.principal*

I get this:

  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.principal at example.com"
  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.principal at example.com.Drafts"
  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.principal at example.com.Sent"
  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.principal at example.com.Templates"
  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.principal at example.com.Trash"
  . OK Completed (0.000 secs 6 calls)

Interestingly for other domains the folders are listed as:

  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.dieuwe.Sent at foo.com"
  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.dieuwe.Special at foo.com"

So I think I understand what's happening here actually. I wanted to
batch create users, but this program, instead of creating folders,
created domains.

So to create the Drafts folder I should see:

  user.principal.Drafts at example.com

Instead I created the domain example.com.Drafts!

Ah right, I think I've figured out what the real problem was.

Guys, thanks heaps for all your help and pointing me in the right
direction. It wasn't wildcard after all, it was this batch script that
didn't handle domains and therefore created wrong entries.

--
All the best,

Berend de Boer