email inaccessible through imap after reading

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Tue May 11 16:23:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 06:44:47PM +0200, Michael Menge wrote:
> If you use the delayed expunge feature of cyrus and the eMail gets
> deleted it stayes on the filesystem till cyr_expire removes them.
> See expunge_mode in imapd.conf

I'm not using expunge mode delayed. Haven't been able to get it to work it
just segfaults when expunging.

> I guess Outlook is using POP and deletes the mail after download.
>
> Check your logfiles and/or use telemetry log for that user.

outlook uses imap and I've tried to access that mailbox using mutt both
through imap and pop3 and I've also tried  squirrelmail.
The message is there, I can see it on the filesystem but it doesn't show up
after being read.

Since I've never had any similar problems with other cyrus servers, I'm
inclined to say it is something outlook did to that message but I can't figure
out what. If it deleted that message, it wouldn't be on the filesystem.

mk