bootstrapping replication

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon May 10 10:25:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

Quoting Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau at it-sudparis.eu>:

> Hi
>
> I have a working imap server which run the cyrus imapd 2.3.13 version
> I would like to setup replication to a new server.

There have been some fixes in cyrus regading replication and skiplist
since 2.3.13 you might want to update to 2.3.16

> i have carefully follow the instruction in the install-replication.
>
> i have setup the sync_server and i can connect to it.
> the sync user is administrator on the remote server it can create mailboxes
>

> but when i run on the master
>

> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sync_client -v  -m user.doutrele

we startet with rolling replication and used sync_client -u "USER" for
each user to catch up and to replicate the sieve scripts, but it
should work with
-m

> i got
>
> MAILBOXES user.doutrele
> Error from do_mailboxes(): bailing out!

maybe there is an error in the mailbox, try reconstruct -k user.doutrele

> the replica server is empty. Should i put him in sync with the master
> bedore starting replications?

it should work without.