Unjustified "Mailbox is at XX% of quota" messages in Thunderbird

Kővári János bsh at freemail.hu
Thu May 6 04:46:10 EDT 2010

Andrew Morgan írta:
> On Wed, 5 May 2010, Kővári János wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a problem again.
>> Just today, all my users, who are using the same shared folder, are
>> getting "Mailbox is at 93% of quota" (and increasing as they put mail
>> into the shared folder) messages in Thunderbird (v.2.0.0.24 on Vista
>> X64).
>> This has started when one user was putting several dozen bigger emails
>> into the shared folder, which then reached a "mysterious" level, where
>> warnings are sent out.
>> The problem is: this shared folder has a 5GB quota limit and it contains
>> ~930MB of mail only. The quota file says 5GB, Thunderbird says 5GB,
>> Cyrus module in Webmin also says the Quota is 5GB, and the usage is at
>> 19%...  Everything says the Quota is 5GB and it is 19% used. But the
>> messages still pop up.
>> It seems, the server somehow thinks the quota is 1GB, of which indeed
>> 93% is in use, but I have no clue where this comes from. It can't be
>> confused with user mailbox quotas, because those are at 200MB.
>> The shared folder is stored on a separate partition with hundreds of
>> gigabytes of free space.
>> I have reconstructed the mailboxes and folder, and re-checked the quotas
>> etc.
>>
>> If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to read them! Thanks in advance!
>
> Which version of Cyrus are you running?
>
>     Andy
Cyrus-imapd 2.2.13 (the one that is (was) in the repository for Ubuntu
7.04)
I have (temporarily) solved the problem by removing the quota file for
the shared folder, but this is just a temporary fix.

Here's the imapd.conf file:

reject8bit: 0
hashimapspool: 1
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sharedprefix: shared
foolstupidclients: 0
idlemethod: poll
lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
tls_session_timeout: 1440
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem
notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
userprefix: user
popminpoll: 1
autocreatequota: 102400
allowplaintext: yes
imap_admins: cyrus yyyyy
autosubscribe_all_sharedfolders: yes
newsspool: /var/spool/news
partition-piller: /media/data/cyrus/mail
admins: cyrus yyyyy
tls_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem
idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
sasl_saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux
altnamespace: 1
tls_cipher_list: TLSv1+HIGH:SSLv3:SSLv2:!NULL:!EXPORT: @STRENGTH
autocreatequota_units: 1048576
munge8bit: 0
syslog_prefix: cyrus
unixhierarchysep: 1
sasl_auto_transition: no
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
sieveusehomedir: false
defaultpartition: xxxxxx
umask: 077
tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem

--

Üdvözlettel:

Kővári János

Piller Gépészeti Kft.