Upgrade from 2.1.x or 2.2.x to 2.3

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed May 5 22:36:44 EDT 2010

On 06/05/2010, at 1:12 AM, ml ml wrote:
> 1.) stop my cyrus damon
> 2.)  copy the mailboxed into my new cyrus installation
> 3.) and run cvt_cyrusdb für all *.db files.
> 4.) Start my new 2.3.x cyrus daemon
>
> Is this correct?

I believe you need to run reconstruct too.
(I did when I upgraded, however I did not try not running it).

Also I had a corrupt flat seen DB which the converter choked on so I had to edit it by hand to remove the damage and then it worked OK. So check the new DB size vs the old one (they should be of similar size).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum