postuser doesn't work?

Reinaldo de Carvalho reinaldoc at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:01:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Diego Woitasen <diego at woitasen.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi.
>  I've created a shared folder in my Cyrus server and I want to enable
> message posting using LMTP to that folder. My configuration has
> "postuser: kolab" and the folder has post permission enabled for kolab
> user.

Commonly LMTP isn't authenticated connection, so you must set post
permission to everyone (anyone).

> This is not working. The only way that I got this working in
> setting "anyone p"  permission. As I understand the kolab user should
> be used to post messages if I have "postuser: kolab" in imapd.conf.

postuser is a prefix to shared folders, so you need sent email to
kolab+sharedfoldername at example.com. postuser isn't authentication
dependent, acl is.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)