Not possible to replicate from 2.3.7 to 2.3.16?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 29 03:06:59 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 08:53:12PM -0400, Wesley Craig wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2010, at 20:55, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > I had guessed, though perhaps I had hoped that something would simply
> > tell me that instead of giving odd errors that made me think that I
> > had
> > misconfigured something.
>
> I agree.  I think it's probably in the release notes, but since it's
> a question that's come up more than once, it would be a feature if
> sync_client and sync_server could give a definitive errors when
> incompatible versions attempt to communicate.

Yeah, that would be nice!  Maybe something like a CAPABILITY response
from the sync_server saying what versions of the protocol it is happy
to speak.  We probably need to be shipping the data across the wire
in fewer binary formats too - mostly it's good, but there's some
binary that's snuck in there...

Bron.