Not possible to replicate from 2.3.7 to 2.3.16?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Mar 28 07:07:14 EDT 2010

BG> The advantage of reconstructing (if you choose that
BG> path instead, heaps more IO use though) is that you'll get real SHA1
BG> GUIDs rather than padded GUIDs.  Not a huge deal - though I'll
BG> probably force the SHA1 calculation in the 2.4 upgrade, because I
BG> want full integrity checking enabled!

I ended up not doing a reconstruct run; I did a replication to a test
server, update it to 2.3.16 and tested; everything was fine.  Then I did
the reconstruct:
  /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -r -s -k "user/*"
as suggested elsewhere in this thread and it ran without problems
except for a few complaints about messages with over 1000 lines of
header.  Unfortunately, after running it, all messages in folders
besides my INBOX had lost their seen state and were shown as "new" in
two different clients (alpine and thunderbird).

I can't quite determine if this is expected behavior.  If it is, that's
a significant downside.  If it isn't, I wonder what's going wrong.  I
have altnamespace: 1 and unixhierarchysep: 1 in imapd.conf, if it
matters.  It looks like the seen.db was still intact but it's not as if
I can actually read a skiplist file.

 - J<