sieve vacation filter not working for one user

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Thu Mar 18 20:26:45 EDT 2010

Maria McKinley wrote:

>>> Thanks, I found it. Didn't answer my question though, since I can't read
>>> it. Wanted to see if my test email sent to a user on vacation was read,
>>> and entered into the database, but for some reason the vacation response
>>> didn't work, or if it didn't even get that far. Is it possible/likely
>>> that this could have been corrupted, and that is why I have a user whose
>>> vacation sieve doesn't work? It seems like this file must be used by all
>>> users. Is it used for anything besides vacations? What would happen if I
>>> deleted it?
>>
>> I'm not exactly an expert here... but IIRC deliver.db is also used to
>> detect duplicate deliveries and things like single instance storage may
>> therefore also use it.
>> But, removing it should not hurt much. It will get created again and
>> maybe
>> some users will get vacation responses again because of it but nothing
>> serious should happen. Maybe you just rename it and check how it goes so
>> you can go back if there is need to.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>

> I tried changing the name. Cyrus remade the file, and it didn't seem to
> cause any problems, but unfortunately, it didn't help either.

Actually, don't try this at home. A few seconds after I sent this email,
my mail server started freaking out about DBERRORs. I tried replacing
the file, that didn't help. Tried restarting cyrus, it wouldn't shutdown
properly, finally had to reboot the machine. And yes, the vacation
problem still exists...

~m