Anyone using SunFire X4140's (AMD) or X4170's (Intel Xeon) as Cyrus servers ?

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Mon Mar 15 12:23:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, March 15, 2010 5:11 pm, Pascal Gienger wrote:
> Le 15/03/10 17:08, Eric Luyten a écrit :
>

> X4200 here (also AMD, 2x dualcore).

Pascal,

I know those. We run two of them as DNS caching
and LDAP servers.
Two dual core AMDs at 2.4 GHz, with 8 GB of RAM
and four internal 73 GB SAS drives. Never tried
configuring them as Cyrus servers, though.

> Operating system?
> Solaris x86 or Linux?

We are mostly a Solaris shop.

Intel Xeon appears to outrun the AMD in SPEC CINT2006
and the X4170 comes with DDR3 memory instead of DDR2.

This being said, I know the IOPS rating of a box is far
more important than naked CPU performance, running Cyrus.

Eric Luyten.