Create subfolder permissions.

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Jun 15 10:37:49 EDT 2010

On 14/06/10 16:47 -0800, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
>List,
>
>I have a folder with the following permissions:
>
>lam user/matt/Folder
>matt lrswited
>
>Which omits both the administrative (a) and the create (s) sub-folder
>permissions.  I am using these settings because I want to provide users
>with a folder that they can't delete or create subfolders in, but can do
>everything else.
>
>It seems the administrative part works fine, but I am able to create
>sub-folders.  What is really interesting is that I can't delete them.
>
>Does anyone know why this doesn't work.  I'm sure I'm missing something
>obvious.
>
>Info:
>Cyrus 2.3.16 with autocreate patches.

See http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/overview.html:

Regardless of the ACL on a mailbox, users who are listed in the "admins"
configuration option in "/etc/imapd.conf" implicitly have the "l" and "a"
rights on all mailboxes. Users also implicitly have the "l" and "a" rights
on their INBOX and all of their personal mailboxes.

--
Dan White