ACL inheritance problem cyrus-imapd

Karl Lattimer karl at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 06:41:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm running a cyrus server and there seems to be an issue using shared
folders. Child folders created by members of the share do not inherit
permissions from the parent folder. For instance share.staff has a set
of permissions allowing all users to access the content of that folder,
but the child folders get their permissions from the user that created
it and not the parent folder.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, it seems I'm missing
something an the manual page doesn't have any options which seem
relevant to this.

Also, in the imap4 specification it's said that this should always be
the case so I'm wondering what might have gone wrong in our setup.

BR,