imapd 2.2.10 performance

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Mon Jan 18 09:54:09 EST 2010

Hi,
in the recent months I started to have performance issues on some installations
deployed happily for many years.
I tried running a reconstruct of all mailboxes during the weekend, but no results.
Maybe the amount of mail is now affecting imap performance?
These installations has 50-100 users, many of them keeping 2-8Gb of history.
How can I get back to the normal cyrus performance? (without archiving)
- would reducing checkpoint from 30m to 5m help?
- would switching db from Berkley to Sleepycat help?
- would an upgrade to 3.x help? (and would just a rebuild work without any conversion?)
Please help,
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com
-= Mail sent through WebTop2 =-