Authorization with ptloader: Linux and LDAP backend combined

Evgeniy Arbatov arbatovevgeniy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:39:32 EST 2010

Hello,

I have got one more problem with Cyrus IMAP and SASL/ptloader, that
does not allow me to be entirely happy with my setup.

The issue is that I want to be able to store the Cyrus IMAP admin
credentials locally on the Linux server, while all other users are
using LDAP backend for login. I thought of using PAM in saslauthd, but
this does not work, because I also use ptloader on the Cyrus IMAP
server and hence all the authentication is working well, but the
authorization fails (because ptloader always tries to query LDAP).

Is there a way to specify two different auth/author backends for
ptloader and SASL?

My imapd.conf is here http://pastebin.com/m49b3ea6d

Thank you!

Best regards,