sync_client segmentation fault when using TLS

Dietmar Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Jan 12 17:46:03 EST 2010

Hi,

we just updated our master + replication servers from 2.3.13 to 2.3.16
and discovered, that the sync_client is dying with a segfault when it
connects to the replication server which has set "allowplaintext: no".

We managed to trace down the problem and came up with the following
patch against imap/backend.c to solve it.

Gernot & Didi

p.s.:
Allowing plaintext authentication by "allowplaintext: yes" on the
replication server would also be an option as workarround ... but not
for us :-)