smbfs and cyrus

Thilo Rießner thilo at riessner.de
Sun Jan 10 16:51:16 EST 2010

If seen the post about network file system and cyrus, but in our case we have
to use a smbfs mounted partition for cyrus (at least for some time). It works
quite well so far, but now I have to do a reconstruct for my mailbox, because
ther was a problem. The reconstruct seems to do its work quite ok, but if I
look in my mail-client afterwards, all mails are gone. On the hard disk (the
smbfs share) the mail files are still there??? This ist the opposite of what
reconstruct is expected to do! What can I do to see the mails again?
Many thanks for any help in advance.
Regards
Thilo