Future Ideas wiki page

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 9 15:47:54 EST 2010

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:10 +0100, "Alexey Melnikov" <alexey.melnikov at isode.com> wrote:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >While we're at it, I'm much more interested in cross-folder searching with sort
> >order that doesn't require folder as the first item, but that's significantly more
> >complex!
> >

> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-01>?
> If you have some additional use cases in mind, please let me know.

"with sort order that doesn't require folder as the first item".  I guess you could return
multiple ESEARCH responses with the same folder mentioned to get the ordering...

It's still more folder-centric than otherwise, and it's going to make following threads
across folders (say INBOX and a couple of time based archive folders) tricky!

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm