OT: Enhanced IMAP protocol

Rob Banz rob at nofocus.org
Wed Jan 6 02:47:17 EST 2010

I would argue that it's out of scope -- credential management should
be taken care of by your credential management system, be it through a
web interface or whatever. Even if it were to be an accepted spec, the
chances of all of the client-writers implementing it, and in a
reasonable way, are slim to none.

I'd bet more on clients providing a reasonable interface to the IMAP
"motd" -- which, after authentication, would be a great way to let the
user know that their password needs to be changed.