Building cyrus sasl on solaris 10

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:25:01 EST 2010

Hi all!!,

I'm trying to build a mail machine box with Postfix (cyrus saslauthd
authentication), cyrus sasl (with saslauthd) and cyrus-imap. The main
problem I'm finding for the moment is that when building cyrus sasl
plugins... only static libraries are created for auth mechs causing postfix
to say that no available auth mech is available (because it seems to link
with dlopen dinamically...).... when building cyrus sasl... I see  some
warnings like this while make :

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libplain.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

(have tried too specifying --with-gnu-ld and compiling with sun stdio
compilers and with sunfreeware gcc too.... used gmake too and make.... I
have tried all I think...)

So... seems like libplain.so won't be created... and this causes Postfix
having this behaviour. Cyrus IMAP too fails authenticating although a
testsaslauthd -u user -p pass -s smtp or imap or pop3 sais auth succesful so
saslauthd works nice...

So is there any procedure for building this on Solaris 10?? I know solaris
comes with some parts of cyrus sasl library... but it's only one part and it
doesn't come with binaries like saslauthd... so I'd rather to build whose
cyrus sasl. Is it any documented way for building this properly?... or is
there any documented way of running saslauthd with Postfix and cyrus IMAP I
mean... any solaris way for making this work please?.

Thanks a lot for you're help.

Bye!

--
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea