Sieve and encoded Headers

Bron Gondwana brong at
Thu Feb 11 22:49:43 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 11:29:22AM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 07:53:21AM +0100, Garry wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>after wondering for a while why occasionally my sieve script rules
> >>wouldn't work, I just found the reason (I guess) - Sieve doesn't
> >>(correctly?) decode utf encoded header lines which e.g. are in a format
> >>like this:
> >>
> >>Subject: =?utf-8?B?W0xPR10gV2F0Y2hsaXN0OiBzbWVhZ29sIGZvdW5kIEdydcOfIGF1cyBkZXIgVW50ZXJ3ZWx0IChVbmtub3duIENhY2hlKQ==?=
> >>
> >>
> >>I'm using version: "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-19" ... is it
> >>something that is fixed in a newer version? I tried finding something on
> >>the net, but at least the first couple of results pages didn't yield any
> >>insight ...
> >
> >No - it's not fixed in any released version.  It is fixed in the FastMail
> >Cyrus patches - but it's a very invasive change to the charset encoding,
> >so it's been kept out of the stable line for now.
> >
> >I've CC'd Ken on this - I wonder if it's worth going back and doing a
> >"minimal still compatible" set of patches that fixes charset encoding in
> >sieve without actually changing the on disk format of the cyrus.cache
> It might be worth doing this for 2.3.

Done!  I've put lots of testing in to it too :)  Added to the
cyrus-imapd-2_3-tail branch.

More information about the Info-cyrus mailing list