Shared mailboxes doc

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Dec 16 09:32:31 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 09:24 -0500, Julien Vehent wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 02:18 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 14:14 -0500, Julien Vehent wrote:
> >> Hi list,
> >> I was experimenting with shared mailboxes today. That's something new
> >> I've never used before.
> >> I wrote a wiki page of my setup on debian squeeze (still on cyrus 2.2)
> >> and was wondering if that was the state of the art, or if there were any
> >> better way to do it.
> >> http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:cyrus:shared_mailbox
> >> Also, I didn't find any documentation on the subject on the website. Did
> >> I miss something ?
> > Nope, that's about it.  They are very simple, and simple to use [once
> > you manage to get *users* to understand them - which is the hard part].
> I have a problem with the shared mailbox and roundcube webmail.
> While Thunderbird can access the shared mailbox just fine, roundcube
> lists it (LSUB) but can't access it (It looks for
> INBOX.shared.testshared instead of shared.testshared).
>  From the roundcube mailing list, that could be due to a wrong namespace
> information returned from cyrus.
> The namespace returned is the following:
> ---
> . namespace
> * NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) (("user." ".")) (("" "."))
> ---
> Question is: shouldn't the 3rd argument be of the type "shared." ?
> (Like in example 5.4 of the RFC [1]).

I dunno about 5.4 but I believe the "postuser" [assuming that is where
your "shared" thinking comes from] is only used to allow posting [via
LMTP?] directly to a shared folder.  I didn't/don't think it indicates
the actual namespace of non-user folders.

Perhaps this relates to a RoundCube bug
<http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1403507>?  RC's bad folder management
is pretty well known.