imaps[26710]: SQUAT failed to open index file

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Apr 4 11:09:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 17:40 -0700, Nybbles2Byte wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm getting this error and not sure what to do (like the previous
> issue I just posted). This is a new install setup with virtual domains
> and everything works just fine except for a couple of minor issues,
> these errors being one of them.
> imaps[26710]: SQUAT failed to open index file
> imaps[26710]: SQUAT failed
> imaps[26710]: SQUAT failed to open index file
> imaps[26710]: SQUAT failed

Like the IOERRORs relating to SIEVE these are not really "errors", they
just mean there is not SQUAT index for the mailbox.  Whether or not that
matters to you depends.  SQUAT indexes are used when searching a mailbox
(rather than just listing the messages);  and they'll only help you if
your IMAP client supports server-side IMAP search rather than just
downloading all messages and performing the search client-side.  On the
other hand unless your mailstore is very large/busy they don't cost
much.
--
openSUSE w/GNOME <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get work done.