v2.3.15 IMAP connection hangs

Larry Rosenbaum rosenbaumlm at ornl.gov
Thu Sep 24 16:37:02 EDT 2009

OK I've finally figured it out.  The connection only hangs if I use the
following build procedure:

Using either old or new zlib, start without the zlib patch
configure
make
(at this point we get the deflateBound build error if we're using the old
zlib)
run the patch (patches prot.h and prot.c)
make
make install
stop and restart Cyrus master
connect to port 143 and issue a command
Voila!  the connection hangs.

Note that there is no "make depend" in this sequence.  If I follow the same
sequence but I do a "make depend" after the configure step, then the server
works properly.

I think this means there's nothing wrong with the patch.  So is it better to
use the patch or the new zlib or both?

Thanks, Larry