move mailboxes and mark email as "read"

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Nov 20 03:30:26 EST 2009

Hi,

Thomas Vogt schrieb:

> I'll move several thousand cyrus mailboxes to a new server. Old
> Server was running cyrus imapd 2.2, new server runs cyrus imapd 2.3.
>
> The task seems pretty trivial. I tar all users starting with A (later
> b,c,d..), create all mailboxes on the new server with cyradm
> (script), extract the tar file, reconstruct all mailboxes.
>
> The only problemI have, is "seen.db". On my new server, every email
> is marked as new, unread email. Is there a way to fix this?
# man cvt_cyrusdb
# /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb
Usage: /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb [-C altconfig] <old db> <old db
backend> <new db> <new db backend>
Usable Backends:  berkeley, berkeley-nosync, flat, skiplist, quotalegacy

Dump to flat file, copy to new server, convert back to desired bd format.
[Should work, untested here. Inspired by
http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:cyrus:repair_skiplist]

Or you copy by imapsync.

Marc