ANNOTATEMORE => METADATA and rfc 5464

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 17 18:27:46 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 04:17:51PM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 09:03:11AM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> >>What is your new format proposal?
> >
> >I'll see :)  Not sure yet - but mainly not sizeof(unsigned long)!
>
> If we make a wholesale change to the database, perhaps this might be
> something we put in the 2.4 branch.  It already has some
> partial/complete extensions like QRESYNC, LIST-EXTENDED,
> URLAUTH=BINARY and COMPRESS (which I backported to 2.3).
>
> I was also thinking that although the charset changes have been
> fully tested at Fastmail that it too might be a candidate for 2.4.

Yeah, fair enough!  I did commit them to CVS, but it's easy enough to
back them out and commit to a branch instead.

Do we have a roadmap for what else people want on the 2.4 branch?
I'd be happy to put a bit more effort into polishing up those features
that are there so we can ship a 2.4 soonish.  Say by April next year,
which gives us 6 months to prepare.

Bron.