Problem with websieve and accents

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Fri May 29 20:09:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

Rob Mueller a écrit :

>>> I am blocked with websieve.pl vacation/out-of-office because when users
>>> are entering accents the script fails with an error...
>>>
>>> Does anyone has a suggestion on how to make accents work ?
>>
>> Yes, but I haven't committed it to CVS yet.  I'm working on full
>> UTF8 support in sieve scripts.
>
> Well it depends where there are accents in the sieve script. I believe
> the current state of things (2.3.14) is:
>
> 1. In folder names - should work (you need to use the utf-8 version of
> the folder name, not the modified utf-7 version)
> 2. In vacation messages - should work
> 3. In header/body checks - needs Bron's fixes
>
> And a reminder, the script must be in utf-8 encoding.

That's very interesting (I'm sure it will also help other people in the
future)

But in my case, vacation messages doesn't work :

Message :

> On vacation for the next week.
> Actuellement en vacances, je vous répondrai à mon retour...

Gives error in websieve :

> res=IMAP::Sieve [ putscript ]: couldn't save script defscript : NO {95}
> Sieve vacation active
> Script defscript active..
> Update successful...

And on the server, the script that didn't worked is :

> ##PSEUDO script start
> #vacation&&1&&"test2007 at test.ch"&&On vacation for the next
week.\nActuellement en vacances, je vous r351pondrai 340 mon retour...&&on
> #mode&&basic

But when triing to force websieve in utf 8 (change encoding in Firefox)
it seems to work now (yesterday I tried without success, very strange) :

> # Mail rules for user test2007
> # Created by Websieve version 0.63a
> require ["fileinto","vacation"];
>

> vacation :days 1 :addresses ["test2007 at test.ch"] text:
> Message automatique -- Autogenerated Message:
>
> On vacation for the next week.
> Actuellement en vacances, je vous répondrai à mon retour...
> .
> ;

Therefore the problem seems solved now :-))

Thanks a lot for your explanations, it helped me try a little more in
the right direction...

Denis