Painful performance on mupdate push (how long does yours take?)

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed May 27 16:00:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Michael Bacon wrote:

> The first attempt was with skiplist, but I switched over to BDB to see if it
> would do any better.  If you don't mind, how many mailboxes do you have, and
> how long does an initial push generally take, if you've had to do one
> recently?

We have about 170k mailboxes in total, split between 2 backends.  The last
time I had to do the initial push was several years ago when we converted
our first standalone Cyrus server into a backend.  There were probably
fewer mailboxes at that time.

I remember it taking around 30 minutes?  My memory is kinda vague on this,
sorry.  Berkeley DB was quite a bit faster.

 	Andy