Cyrus + Sieve

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue May 26 09:57:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 08:52 -0400, Gottschalk, David wrote:
> Do you mean the From: header line?

No, the "From:" line is, as always, utterly meaningless.

> I have multiple "Received:" headers since the message had to transverse multiple
> servers to get to the Cyrus server.

Which is normal.  But they will show how the message actually got
processed;  most importantly who the message was addresses to by the
first server to process it.  I've seen people header/masquerade
rewritting rules do some weird stuff.

> What is the "Return-Path: <dgottsc at servername>" signify? I'm wondering if that
>  is the problem.

The Return-Path: specifies the reply address for any autp responders
(RFC3834).  It shouldn't matter for diagnosing your problem unless
something is rewriting the Return-Path on inbound messages [which would
be very wrong, and in your MTA, not in Cyrus].

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>