Cyrus + Sieve

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue May 26 08:41:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 08:51 -0400, Gottschalk, David wrote:
> Well, this is interesting.
> I tested one of my reject rules (to make sure I'm not crazy), and it
> replied the rejected message to my inbox, not to the sender.

What do the "Received:" headers of the message look like (how did it end
up in your mailbox)?

I wonder if this isn't some bizarre MTA (Mail Transfer Agent
[sendmail/postfix]) misconfiguration.  Have you verified that your IMAP
server can correctly send mail?  SIEVE sends mail using the executable
specified via the "sendmail" directive of the imapd.conf file.

> Is that normal behavior?

No, but I've never had any sieve/vacation issues on any of the various
Cyrus systems I've installed over the last decade.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>