saslcache missing option '-f'

Alan Robertson alan at iomart.com
Fri May 22 08:07:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

Been looking in the saslcache.c code and whilst the usage section has
the following:

fprintf(stderr, "  -f             Purges all entries from the cache.\n");

There doesn't actually appear to be any cache purging code. The only
options defined are 'd', 's', 'm' and show usage.

I checked the SASL releases from cyrus-sasl-2.1.13 > cyrus-sasl-2.1.23

Did locate one of the original patches from the author that did contain
the case statement and the corresponding "purge_cache".

Has it been removed on purpose or am I just missing something ?

Thanks,
Alan.