Weekly/Monthly record-keeping / maintenance?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Mar 31 16:50:07 EDT 2009

Andreas Winkelmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag 31 März 2009 18:09:32 schrieb Jeff Blaine:
>
>> Every year or so, a user of ours reports a discrepancy
>> between on-disk usage for their spool compared to what
>> 'FETCH' is reporting (as implemented via imapdu.pl)
>
> What means "on-disk usage for spool" ?

What I mean, is, for one example -- a user is currently
reporting that 'FETCH' (via the imapdu command) is showing
142 messages totalling 640KB in a folder that is actually
completely empty on disk (except for cyrus.* files).

reconstruct -r user.hername did not change what is reported
via 'FETCH'.  It did update the cyrus.* files though.