upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.3.x

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Mar 31 03:38:02 EDT 2009

> Planning on upgrading my server from...
>
> db4-4.2.52-7.3.el4
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-9.RHEL4

> db4-4.3.29-9.fc6
> cyrus-imapd-2.3.14-1

Looks like you are going from RHEL4 to RHEL5?

> obviously, I can move the mail files but I'm also concerned with the
> various seen.db, mailboxes.db, annotations.db
>
> Do I just copy them over and use berkeley utilities to update them?

Looks like you use my rpms on RHEL5 right? Then you may want to first
update cyrus-imapd on RHEL4 to cyrus-imapd-2.3.14-1. Then start and stop
cyrus-imapd on RHEL4 and transfer all cyrus data to RHEL5 and start it up.
The RPM handles this by converting all berkeley DB's to skiplist in
shutdown and converting back as needed on startup. (I think the 2.2.12 rpm
already does this on RHEL4 but I'm not sure so just stop it and check the
db files.)

Regards,
Simon