Outlook + Cyrus IMAPd == Drop'd connection

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat Mar 28 08:38:42 EDT 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> If you are able to get telemetry logs (create a directory
> $confdir/log/$user/ - i.e. /var/imap/log/brong in my case, and make sure
> it's owned by your cyrus user) that would be a great help.  Obviously
> remove any identifying data you're worried about being public, and just
> send it to me if you want.  I'd like to see what it's doing!

'k, tried this ... I assumed this isn't something that I need to restart
imapd to take effect, is it?  I've tried regardless, and created both the
userid and userid at domain (virtual hosts) and when I connect, its not
logging anything ... when I use webmail (horde) to connect, though, I am
getting telemetry, so the logging functionality is working, just not when
connecting with Outlook ...

But, carrying your thought through about idled, I just rebuild the port
without idled, and the same error is being generated ...

----