Cyrus IMAP Murder and (SUN)Solaris Cluster

Gavin Gray gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 11:52:40 EDT 2009

Hi there,
           We are running a cyrus IMAP murder for thousands of users
with  around 3TB of
mail. We have a number of backends that each have attached storage for
the mail store. We
are currently using solaris 10 to run the murder on.

We want to try and improve the resilience of our setup and are looking
at a number of
options to provide High Availability:

1. Using the latest version of cyrus to implement backend replication
so that we have
stand by spares for the murder if one of the backends go down.

2. Use Sun cluster to provide automatic failover for the backends
somehow or another.

3. Some other solution we haven't thought of yet

If anyone out there has though this kind of thing through or has experience of
implementing  Cyrus IMAP in a SUN Cluster environment, we'd love to
hear from you,

regards,

Gavin.

--
Gavin Gray
Edinburgh University Information Services
email gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.