Question about CYRUS-IMAP and FETCH BODY[]

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Mar 20 07:32:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

--On 19. März 2009 22:43:43 -0600 Paulino Calderon
<paulino.calderon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah I've realized it would be for the best to replace that old library.
> It's going to fail again if we leave it there. Anyway, I'm still curious
> why it broke after the upgrade, what do you guys think? Is it just not
> following a newer RFC as it's supposed to?

no, nothing has changed in that respect.

> The library we're using is:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/imaplibrary.aspx

Looking at the documentation it strikes me that there appears to be no way
to actually list the contents of a mailbox. If those commands are really
the only ones that exist, the only way to use it would appear to be a
SearchMessage followed by a FetchMessage. If you don't do a SeachMessage,
you have no way of knowing what you can fetch.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.