Update installation to new features: metadata partition, delayed delete

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Fri Mar 13 14:15:37 EDT 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Dan White wrote:

> With regards to the metadata partition, there is documentation located in the
> doc/install-upgrade.html file located in the source tarball release.

Thanks Dan. You are absolutely right and the metadata upgrade process was
mentioned in the doc/install-upgrade.html file. Silly me, for not
noticing it. I thought I had read the document, but obviously I had missed
that part. One reason could be that it was mentioned in the "Upgrading
from 2.2.x or earlier" section, and I had just read the sections about the
changes in the 2.3.x series.

Though, I still could not find any information about delayed delete.

--
   Leena Heino              University of Tampere / Computer Centre
   ( liinu at uta.fi )      ( http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/tkk )