Update installation to new features: metadata partition, delayed delete

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Fri Mar 13 05:03:16 EDT 2009

Meta data partition:
If I want to update our cyrus installation to use metadata partition,
then how is this done.

Do I manually create the similar directory structure to the new metadata
partition as I have now in the conventional mixed data partition?

Do I manually copy over the cyrus.* metadata files from the conventional
mixed data partition to metadata partition?

After those are done, then just change the configuration
settings in the imapd.conf to use the new the meta data partition?

Delayed delete:
If I want to use this feature do I have to do more than just change the
delete_mode configuration setting to delayed and adjust cyr_expire event
in the cyrus.conf accordingly?

--
   Leena Heino              University of Tampere / Computer Centre
   ( liinu at uta.fi )      ( http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/tkk )