Separating master processes for different services to utilise multiple cores/cpus

Raphael Jaffey rjaffey at artic.edu
Mon Mar 2 20:13:25 EST 2009

I've never seen this problem.  I've been running cyrus for eight years
now on dual P3 systems, dual Xeon (hyperthreaded), and now dual quad
core systems.  The load has always been distributed across all
processors.  Are you sure you're running an SMP kernel?  Although I'd
think htop would only report on one core if you weren't.