multi server migration question/poblem.

Clément Hermann (nodens) nodens2099 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:46:25 EDT 2009

2009/6/27 Gary Smith <Gary at primeexalia.com>

> [...]

imapsync can use proxy authentication on source and or destination with
"--user1 <src user> --authuser1 <src admin user> --authuser2 <dst admin
user> --user2 <dst user>" options (authorize as admin, authenticate as user
: no need to know/change the password). But more importantly, you'll be able
to filter / rewrite any mailbox name using powerful perl regex, not to
mention doing incremental transfers and sync mailboxes based on message
headers or content, and more.

Just grab the tarball, untar it and perldoc imapsync, or even ./imapsync
--help.

I've used it for several mass user migration (up to 1500 users), IMO the
best tool available.

However, it may not be the best option if you have a simple cyrus to cyrus
migration, without any rewriting, as in this case you could just migrate the
files.

Cheers,

--
Clément Hermann (nodens)