murder and autocreate (I know it is not supported)

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 11 20:25:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 06:59:00PM -0400, Dave McMurtrie wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2009, at 6:38 PM, "Greg A. Woods" <woods-cyrus at weird.com>
> wrote:
> > Why make everything far more complicated than it needs to be?
> > Especially things related to user management?
>
> A valid point to mailbox creation, but what would delete the mailbox
> when a student graduates?

You ;)

Seriously though, you would run some sort of audit every so often that
compares mailboxes to your authentication database.  We also delete
mailboxes after a fixed amount of time with no logins for our free
accounts, or a time after which they stopped paying for our paid
accounts, which I guess is similar to graduating...

I guess you could add an option to cyr_expire to query the authentication
database for each user.* mailbox and optionally delete it if the user
was no longer present.  Dangerous if your authentication daemon is offline
though!  For that matter, does sasl let you check if a user exists without
knowing their password?

Bron.